Meeting these application requirements does not guarantee admission, but it gives us the information we need to determine your qualifications and fit for the Blended Learning Part-Time MBA program.
If you don’t meet all of them, it doesn’t mean you can’t apply. It just means we need to learn a little more about you. You might receive a call from someone on our team to follow up.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution. A 4- year degree is recommended.
- Recommended B average (equivalent to a McMaster 8.0 GPA out of 12) in the two most recent years of undergraduate study, or the equivalent of 60 academic credits. Courses used in GPA calculations for applicants holding master’s or doctoral degrees are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with a GPA below a B may be encouraged to provide supplemental academic materials (e.g., competitive GMAT results). Courses used in GPA calculations for applicants holding master’s or doctoral degrees are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Résumé to assess work experience. Please submit your professional resume using this template.
- Two letters of recommendation, including at least one from a current or former supervisor.
- Admissions interview, if necessary, to better understand a prospective student’s capabilities, learning objectives and potential for success in the Program.
- Proof of English proficiency, demonstrated through: competitive TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores OR residence in an English-speaking country for at least four years OR completion of at least three years of full-time post-secondary education with English as the primary language of instruction, excluding ESL courses.
If you do not meet the B average, our recommendation is to complete the GMAT with a minimum score of 600, OR submit GRE or MCAT results.
We want to stress this: Meeting the minimum standard does not guarantee you will be a successful applicant. This is a competitive and limited-enrolment program, which requires a selective admissions process.
We aim to assemble a dynamic cohort of qualified students — and we take a holistic approach when evaluating candidates. The following are some of our evaluation guidelines:
- We take a candidate’s current industry sector and area of undergraduate study into consideration to create a diverse cohort that will deliver value in class discussions and team assignments.
- A GPA that reflects the candidate’s ability to successfully complete the academic requirements.
- References which speak to the candidate’s leadership ability and the positive contributions they made in their organization.
Ready to take the first step? Visit our apply page to get started.
You’re visiting the Blended Learning Part-Time MBA program website.
More information about our other MBA options, including full-time, full-time with co-op, and accelerated, are available on the main MBA program website.